We currently have an opening for a Receptionist/Processor. A job description is shown below. If you would be interested in this opportunity, simply click the "APPLY" button and upload your resume'. Thank you!
Position: Communications Specialist/Processor
Reports to: Human Resources & Communications Manager
Act as receptionist answering and directing telephone calls and walk-in clients. Perform clerical duties such as distributing daily mail, processing, updating and scanning documents on a daily basis to assist and support agency staff. Assist the Personal and Commercial Lines CSR’s by providing clerical support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding, and servicing personal and commercial lines accounts.
- Answer telephone in friendly manner and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- Greet and direct walk-in clients to appropriate agency personnel.
- Open, date stamp, sort, scan and/or distribute incoming daily mail.
- Collect, prepare and meter outgoing mail.
- Demonstrate friendly and helpful attitude to clients and coworkers.
- Check all documents and download for accuracy and completeness compared to what was requested by CSR.
- Follow up with CSR for issuance delays of policies and endorsements.
- Attach all necessary forms and assure neatness and accuracy. Prepare and assemble insured’s and agent’s policy copies for mailing and/or distribution.
- Input letters or reports per CF Workflow and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Authority is granted by the Human Resources and Communications Manager.
JOB CHARTER MEASUREMENT STANDARDS:
- Submit/process assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Adhere to and comply with established agency procedures.
- Adhere to standards of performance for service.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- The incumbent needs basic knowledge of insurance. Skills in math, typing, filing, and computer use are required.
- The incumbent must possess good communication skills. Relates to fellow employees, customers, and management by providing services and assistance. Also communicates with insurance company personnel regarding policies. This requires courtesy, tact, patience, and discretion.
- The incumbent must be able to operate computer keyboard, copy machine, calculator, printer, fax machine, telephone, and document scanner.
- The incumbent must have ability to prioritize work and take initiative to complete tasks. Must be able to follow instructions from fellow employees and managers. Must decide when to use own judgment and when to seek assistance.